- Job Title: Despatch Operative
- Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Pay: £11.45 per hour
- Hours: 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday
- Schedule: 8 hour shifts – Monday to Friday
- Work Location: Tufcot factory in Sheffield
- Application deadline: 01/12/2023
Tufcot are a leading manufacturer of composite bearings exporting to a worldwide very strong and growing customer base.
With excellent company benefits and everything that goes with a family run business – this position has come available due to strong growth throughout the pandemic and high levels of orders meaning we need to increase the size of our despatch team even further.
- Working as part of a team in the fast-paced environment within the despatch department
- Preparing pallets, boxes and packages in a professional manner ready to be shipped to our international customer base
- Be aware of the different despatch procedures to suit each country, region and customer, depending on their requirements and the country/region being exported to
- To be organised, tidy and efficient
- Have an understanding of Microsoft Office programs, primarily Word and Excel
- Cleaning down your area ready for the next working day/week
- Process general goods inwards
- Monitor and request orders for packing supplies
The successful candidate will be required to take direction from the Production Manager and Production Supervisor or fellow Despatch Operatives.
You must be motivated and have a flexible approach to ensure the parcels/pallets are packed efficiently and professionally.
Liaise with the Quality Manager regarding anything that constitutes a Non-Conformance or other failure of the Quality procedure/manual.
You will also be required to liaise with the admin team to process goods despatching.
- Must be organised and flexible.
- Must be willing to learn each area of the department.
- Must be able to work as part of a team but also under your own initiative without supervision.
- Minimum of 2 years despatch experience is essential.
- Pension Scheme (after a successful 3 month trial)
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Profit based bonus scheme.
- Events out of work, in work hours.
- Organised on site events/perks.
- Westfield Health Membership or your Birthday off work (after a successful 3 month trial)