Fire Retardant Composite Materials
T400 resin system is our fire retardant grade of resin.
A polyester resin system including fire retardant additives and used in applications in the mining sector and the oil and gas sectors.
When exposed to a naked flame the material will burn, once the source of combustion is removed the material will self-extinguish within a few seconds.
This material can again be used with the addition of solid lubricants as with the other resin systems.
- Acid Resistant Properties
- High Strength/Weight Ratio
- Natural Low Coefficient of Friction
- 1/6 Weight of Steel
- No Harmful Toxic Materials
- Excellent Bearing Material
- Low Rate of Moisture Absorption
- Almost Any Fluid Can Be Used as a Lubricant
- Easily Machined to Clients Exact Specifications
- Exceptional Dimensional Stability, Even in Wet Conditions
For a fire retardant resin system we recommend our Tufcot® T400 range.
Tufcot® T400 Material Grades
|T400G||Light Grey||This grade is suitable for underground mining applications and anywhere with the potential for fire.||Tufcot’s 400 range of resin is for fire retardance but is still self lubricating.|
Tufcot® T400 – Typical Applications
Tufcot T400 can be used in a huge range of applications.
Here are just a few examples:
Mining, Oil & Gas – Oil rig conductor wear sleeves, underground mining equipment, tunneling machines and more
Railway – Railway rolling stock bushes and wear strips
Please contact us on +44 (0)114 244 2363 to discuss your requirements.
T400 – Wear Sheaves – Offshore Sector
For over 5 years, Tufcot have been developing the Wear Sheave products to suit various oil rig conductors around the world.
The key benefits of the Wear Sheave are:
- Fire retardant T400 Tufcot® material
- Replace unsafe wooden chocks
- Minimal wear rates – see clients comments below
- Water is an ideal lubricant
- Oil platform safety improvements
Recent Articles – Fire Retardant
There are many reasons why thousands of companies worldwide use Tufcot® materials in hundreds of applications. The Tufcot [...]
Definitive Guide to Composite Materials
Our “Definitive Guide to Composite Materials” is an excellent buyer’s guide to composite materials and covers subjects such as:
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us on:
- Phone: +44 (0)114 244 2363
- Email: email@example.com